NEWS | 2021/05/31 | LKRO
Kidapawan became a City on February 12, 1998 by virtued of Republic Act No.8500 inked by the 12th
President Fidel V. Ramos, making it a Component City of the Province of Cotabato. Despite some
opposition, Kidapawenos overwhelmingly ratified the cityhood in a plebiscite on March 21, 1998.
Historically named a district of Pikit in 1942, Kidapawan was later declared into a Municipality
through Execute Order No. 82 of President Manuel A. Roxas on August 18, 1947-thereby becoming
the fourth town of the then Empire Province of Cotabato. The empire was then composed of the
municipalities of Cotabato (now Cotabato City), Dulawan (later named Datu Piang) and Midsayap.
De Mazenod Avenue,
Barangay Poblacion, Kidapawan City
@ 2018 Kidapawan City. All rights reserved.
Developed and Maintained by: Durian Studio